Plastic surgery has many different choices but are you making the right choice? The most important choice you can make while inquiring and deciding on an aesthetic procedure is selecting a surgeon you can trust.
Many different deciding factors contribute into choosing a plastic surgeon. Read below to see some key pointers to look for during your next consultation. By choosing an American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) Member Surgeon defines you have selected a surgeon who has met all there required credentials as follows
- Completed at least five years of surgical training with a minimum of two years in plastic surgery
- Trained and experienced in all aspects of plastic surgery procedures; face, breast, body, and reconstruction
- Adheres in a strict code of ethic
- Operates with accredited medical facilities only
- Is required to fulfill continuing medical education requirements, some in patient safety
- Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
Board certification is extremely important to inquire about a plastic surgeon but you should also keep in mind their professional affiliations. As an American Society of Plastic Surgeon Member, it designates the surgeon as an elite professional in their plastic surgery community.
As an ASPS member Plastic Surgeons must perform surgeries in only Accredited facilities. An accredited facility must meet national standards for operating room safety, equipment, staff and surgeon credentials. They have an extremely low rate of complications and are found to have lower costs to patients.
When researching Plastic Surgeons their core mission should be to enhance patient care and safety by practicing and maintaining the highest standards. Although these are great recommendations to ensure trust in a plastic surgeon they cannot guarantee the results of your plastic surgery, but choosing a qualified surgeon is an important step in assuring your satisfaction and safety.
Dr. Shienbaum is a double board-certified plastic surgeon with over 30 years of experience in all forms of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery. To find out more about the procedures near you, please visit abdominoplastytampa.com